Intrepid offers an Asthma Management Program that is dedicated to improving quality of life. Our physician-led management team implements the patient’s individualized plan of care. The Intrepid Asthma Management Program provides industry-leading patient care and education for effective management of the disease.
Patient Treatment Goals
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of an asthma attack.
- Prevent asthma attacks and most symptoms by adhering to an asthma care regimen.
- Demonstrate proper use of a peak flow meter and understand what the peak flow reading means.
- Understand the purpose and use of prescribed medications.
- Sleep through the night without waking from asthma symptoms.
- Have an active lifestyle, including regular exercise, without becoming symptomatic.
- Increased monitoring of your patients to assure compliance with medication and other treatment goals.
- Constant communication with your office that will allow for more detailed care planning.
- More extensive patient education to help ensure that your care plan is being executed accurately at all times.
- An approach to care that is built around positive outcomes and is based on thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable staff who will train the patient how to use preventative tools and medication accurately.
- Comprehensive Patient/Caregiver Teaching Guides to help the patient understand asthma and how to effectively treat it.
- Concentration on returning the patient to normal, everyday functionality.
- Avoidance of excessive discomfort, emergency room visits, and hospitalizations.
- Availability of around-the-clock assistance.
Peace of Mind
- “Best Practices” approach to care based on results.
- Extensive, multi-faceted patient education process.
- Home care expertise delivered in a manner that is adaptable in order to enhance and solidify your own approach.