Intrepid USA Healthcare Services offers a Diabetes Management Program dedicated to improving quality of life. The goal of this program is to improve functional abilities and outcomes through symptom and lifestyle management. Our physician-led, multidisciplinary patient care team implements the patient’s individualized plan of care. The Diabetes Program provides industry leading patient care and education in preparation for post-discharge management of the disease.
Patient Treatment Goals
- Identifies ABC values and maintains them at optimal levels.
- Avoids extremes of glucose levels (hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia).
- Describes the major treatment modalities: diet, exercise, education, pharmacotherapy, and self-monitoring (DEEPS plan).
- Demonstrates proper technique for drawing up and injecting insulin.
- States dose and timing of injections, peak action, duration, and adverse effects of insulin.
- States dose, timing, peak action, and duration of prescribed oral agents.
- Verbalizes understanding of schedule for eating snacks and meals; orders appropriate foods on menus; identifies foods that may be substituted for one another on the meal plan.
- Assurance your patients are receiving quality prescribed care.
- Patient progress communication tailored to your specific needs.
- Time saved through delegation of the patient education process.
- Confidence your patients are being delivered state-of-the-art care in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
- Physician-driven personalized care plan.
- Dedicated and knowledgeable care teams.• Intrepid USA “Best Practice” Clinical Pathways.
- Easy-to-follow, comprehensivePatient/Caregiver Teaching Guides.
- An outcomes-orientated approach to care.
- On-call support available 24/7.
Peace of Mind
- “Best Practices” care plans.
- Comprehensive patient education support.
- Assurance that your patients are receiving the best home care available for their condition.